Thursday, April 21

Rabies Shot

Chai got his rabies shot today, which was his last shot to officially "go home" (even though we've had him for 2.5 weeks now)! I had no idea dogs in Colorado had to be licensed?! Whatever that means! I'll be doing research later.  He got a rabies tag? I don't know what that means either.... apparently it needs to go with his name tag & license? Hm.....

Anyways! We originally thought he was more than 70 pounds due to his coat, but he weighs a strapping 60.6 pounds.  The receptionist was telling me all about Chai as a baby. Apparently, he's always had his own agenda.  He was the very last one to walk- not because he had health issues, but because he didn't feel like it. She used to lay him on his back and do bicycle exercises with his legs to get 'em goin'.  Well, it worked! But he's still wobbly even at five months!  We just laugh at him while he trips over his toys.

I also found out his very first name, before "Hobbson," was "Trouble!" Oh goodness. This definitely reaffirms our name change of "Charles Trouble Holzapfel!" :0)


I thought this song would be fitting...
"Trouble" by Charles Ray LaMontagne

No comments:

Post a Comment